Man charged after allegedly assaulting two police officers
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A 28-year-old man has been charged with an alleged assault on two police officers in Bury St Edmunds.
Ayden Devine, of no fixed address, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital as a precaution by police on Tuesday, April 6.
He had been arrested in relation to a separate incident in Bury St Edmunds town centre.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said on Wednesday: "Whilst in hospital, Devine allegedly assaulted the police officers and was further arrested.
"He was then taken to Bury St Edmunds Investigation Centre for questioning, where he was subsequently charged with two counts of assault on an emergency worker.
"Devine has been remanded in custody and is due to appear in court tomorrow (Thursday, April 8)."
Devine has been bailed in connection with the separate incident that occurred in the town centre.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk