Man who headbutted and bit two police officers jailed for 24 weeks
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A man who headbutted a police officer and bit another one on the arm at a hospital has been jailed for 24 weeks.
Ayden Devine, of no fixed address, appeared before Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich on Thursday and pleaded guilty to two charges of assaulting an emergency worker.
Devine admitted headbutting one officer in the face and biting the other on the arm at West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old had been arrested in relation to a separate incident in Bury St Edmunds town centre and was taken to hospital as a precaution by the police.
Devine had been bailed in connection with the separate incident that occurred in the town centre.
He has also been made to pay £50 in compensation to both police officers he assaulted.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 7 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 8 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 9 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 10 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds