'Vile' man sexually assaulted vulnerable elderly woman
- Credit: Essex police
A man who sexually assaulted a vulnerable elderly woman in Manningtree has been jailed for two years.
Stephen Pilgrim of Harwich Road, Bradfield assaulted the woman on New Year's Eve 2019.
The assault was reported to the police and Pilgrim was arrested a few hours later.
He was charged with two counts of sexual activity with a person with a mental disorder.
The 71-year-old admitted the charges at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on October 21 2020 and was sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court today.
Detective Constable Reuben Brame, from the Adult Sexual Assault Investigation Team, said: “These were absolutely vile offences.
"Pilgrim took advantage of a vulnerable woman, and has then gone on to commit these abhorrent offences, knowing she could not defend herself."
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive