Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- Credit: IAN BURT
A suspected drug dealer was arrested on his 18th birthday in Bury St Edmunds after allegedly being found in possession of class A drugs.
Officers patrolling in Tollgate Lane at around 6pm on Wednesday spotted a man acting suspiciously before fleeing from police on foot.
An officer then saw the man allegedly throw an object into a nearby bush, which was subsequently found to be three large wraps of class A drugs.
The man was then arrested by police on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning, where he remains.
St Edmundsbury police then revealed on Twitter that it was the man's 18th birthday.
Police said in a tweet: "Certainly a birthday he will never forget."
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 7 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move