Ipswich man accused of driving wrong way down A14 released under investigation
An Ipswich man arrested after police were called to reports of a car travelling in the wrong direction along the A14 has been released under investigation.
Suffolk police officers were called to a stretch of the road near Bury St Edmunds shortly after 8pm on Saturday night.
The force had received reports of a Honda Jazz travelling eastbound on the westbound carriageway of the A14 in the Kentford area.
Officers from Bury St Edmunds and the joint Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team attended.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: "Police were contacted on Saturday, January 2, at 8.05pm, following reports that a Honda Jazz was travelling eastbound on the westbound carriageway on the A14 in the Kentford area.
"A man in his 70s, from the Ipswich area, was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning.
"He has been released under investigation pending further enquiries."
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp