Man remains in critical condition after stabbing
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A man remains in a critical condition after being stabbed in a Bury St Edmunds street during the early hours of the morning.
Suffolk police were called to Winsford Road just before 4am Sunday, June 20, after receiving reports that a man had been seriously injured.
The injured man was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, by ambulance to receive urgent medical attention.
A man in his 50s was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and was taken into custody for questioning.
A cordon was in place in Winsford Road, which was completely closed off to the public while officers carried out their investigation.
Witnesses, or those with information about the incident, have been asked to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 68 of June 20.
Enquires are still ongoing.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 8 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 9 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop