Ex-Colchester United player faces rape charge
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A former Colchester United player is set to face a rape charge at Ipswich Crown Court.
Callum Harriott, who joined the U's on a two-year contract in September 2019, is accused of the rape of a woman on November 30 2019.
The 27-year-old from Beech Road, Biggin Hill, London, appeared at Colchester Magistrates' Court on Friday, July 2.
The midfielder's case was sent for trial at Ipswich Crown Court, which is set to take place on July 30.
Harriott, who was released from his Colchester United story in May, has not entered a plea at this time.
Harriott made 64 appearances for the U's and scored 12 goals during his time there.
The 27-year-old was born in Norbury, London and represents Guyana international level.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
He previously played for Charlton Athletic and Reading.