Off-duty police officer finds £20k cannabis while house-hunting
- Credit: Essex Police
It was not the Location, Location, Location a house-hunting, off-duty police officer expected to find £20,000 of cannabis.
But instead of finding the perfect new home, this police officer found a major cannabis-growing operation in a garage in Colchester.
Essex Police's Colchester district team joked that the seller could perhaps have done with listening to a few tips from Kirstie and Phil from the famous property television show, after revealing the incident on their Facebook page on Monday (February 16).
"Things you would never hear Kirstie and Phil saying on Location, Location, Location," they wrote.
"Tip of the day: When trying to sell your house and your estate agent is bringing an off-duty police officer for a viewing, it's probably best you remove your cannabis grow from your garage. #youcouldntmakeitup"
Officers from Colchester community team executed a warrant on Monday at a house in the Colchester district, following the discovery at the weekend.
Essex Police said: "The occupant will be spoken to in relation to cannabis cultivation offences."
- 1 Cook's first press conference: New Town boss on aims, style, takeover rumours and his squad
- 2 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 3 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 4 Mike Bacon: 'Cook's arrival feels like a game changer'
- 5 Man dies following collision on A12
- 6 Plans to increase number of homes in town development deferred
- 7 Girl, 17, suffers cuts and bruises in suspected BB weapon attack
- 8 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious leg injuries following collision
- 10 'Please don't believe everything you read in the media' - Ipswich Town owner Evans addresses takeover reports