Off-duty police officer finds £20k cannabis while house-hunting
- Credit: Essex Police
It was not the Location, Location, Location a house-hunting, off-duty police officer expected to find £20,000 of cannabis.
But instead of finding the perfect new home, this police officer found a major cannabis-growing operation in a garage in Colchester.
Essex Police's Colchester district team joked that the seller could perhaps have done with listening to a few tips from Kirstie and Phil from the famous property television show, after revealing the incident on their Facebook page on Monday (February 16).
"Things you would never hear Kirstie and Phil saying on Location, Location, Location," they wrote.
"Tip of the day: When trying to sell your house and your estate agent is bringing an off-duty police officer for a viewing, it's probably best you remove your cannabis grow from your garage. #youcouldntmakeitup"
Officers from Colchester community team executed a warrant on Monday at a house in the Colchester district, following the discovery at the weekend.
Essex Police said: "The occupant will be spoken to in relation to cannabis cultivation offences."
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking