Robbers steal three-figure sum following hammer attack
- Credit: IAN BURT
Hammer-wielding robbers have stolen a three-figure sum of cash following an attack in Colchester.
The robbery happened in Cannon Street just before 10pm on Sunday, March 21, when a man in his 20s was approached by the two attackers.
Both were holding hammers during the attack, while one was also armed with a machete.
The victim sustained rib injuries and had a three-figure sum of cash stolen.
He did not require hospital treatment.
Police believe the attackers fled the scene towards Hythe Hill, with one of them said to have been wearing a black Crosshatch hoodie and a balaclava.
Both have been described as white, although police do not have a description of the second attacker.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
Those with information about the incident are urged to call Essex Police on 101, quoting reference 1311 of March 21.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.