Police seek witnesses after driver drove wrong way along A11
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a car was seen driving in the wrong direction on the A11.
Police responded to reports a red Toyota Auris was travelling south on the northbound carriageway of the A11 near Red Lodge on Saturday, September 11, just before 10.55pm.
Around five minutes later, they received further reports of a crash involving three vehicles further along the northbound carriageway.
No one was seriously injured in the collision, but all three vehicles had to be recovered.
The driver was later found by the police and is awaiting formal questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen a red Toyota Auris travelling south along the A11 northbound carriageway between 10.30pm and 11.20pm on Saturday night.
Anyone with any information should contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team at Bury St Edmunds, quoting reference: 50428/21 here or by calling 101.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via an online form here.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon