Joy for care home residents and staff at receiving Covid-19 vaccine
- Credit: The Beeches Residential Home
Residents and staff at a west Suffolk care home have spoken of their joy after being vaccinated against coronavirus.
The Beeches Residential Home, in Ixworth, near Bury St Edmunds, were visited by Dr Hart from the village's surgery on January 14, who immunised all residents and staff with the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Resident Bunty Macgregor, 88, who was one of the first to receive the jab, said: “Doctor Hart was very good, I felt at ease and I was also lucky that I had no side effects.
“I'm pleased that residents and staff have received the vaccine, it’s a little peace of mind for us all.”
Bev Shave, deputy home manager, said: “The coronavirus pandemic has brought incredibly challenging times for all of our staff and residents, but being provided with this protection and a glimmer of hope is a landmark moment for us all.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a huge relief for our staff, who have given so much during this pandemic, prioritising the health and care of our residents.
“We are not out of the woods yet, everyone must still remain vigilant and I would urge people to follow the guidance in full, stay at home unless essential and help stop the spread of the virus.”
- 1 Coleman on Cook: 'If that's indication of his fortune as Ipswich manager, they can book a place in the Championship'
- 2 Popular Woodbridge restaurant set to close
- 3 'Please don't believe everything you read in the media' - Ipswich Town owner Evans addresses takeover reports
- 4 'I have no doubt Ipswich will be successful' - Richardson doesn't rule out joining Cook at Town
- 5 Marcus Evans on Paul Cook: 'He has shown a great desire to become our next manager'
- 6 Ipswich case rate rises, other Suffolk districts among lowest in England
- 7 'The time is not right to fiddle when Rome burns' - Evans outlines Lambert 'disagreements'
- 8 Man taken to hospital with serious leg injuries following collision
- 9 Anger over loss of habitats after pond drained and trees felled
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 win at Accrington Stanley
The Ixworth-based home continues to follow strict safety procedures, with all visits being cancelled while the country is in its third national lockdown.
Staff have worked hard to ensure that residents have had regular contact with their families by phone or video call, but close up, face to face conversations have not been possible.