Woman due in court over death of Charlotte, 22, in A12 crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman charged with causing death by careless driving after a crash in which a 22-year-old died more than two years ago is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court.
Officers were called to the scene of a two vehicle collision on the A12 at Frostenden, near the junction with Gypsy Lane, at just after 6pm on Wednesday, October 17 2018.
The vehicles involved were a blue Peugeot 206 car and an Isuzu D-max.
Charlotte Oakes, aged 22 from Saxmundham, who was a passenger in the Peugeot, died at the scene.
Following a police investigation into the circumstances of the collision, the driver of the Peugeot, Chelcie Lavery, of High Street, Leiston, who is now 24, was summonsed to appear at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich on July 2, 2020, where she was charged with causing death by careless driving.
Lavery is due to appear before Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday, May 4.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks