Cigarettes stolen in overnight break-ins at north Suffolk Co-op stores
- Credit: Google Maps
Two Co-op stores in Walberswick and Beccles have been broken into overnight, with offenders stealing cigarettes.
Police were called to the East of England Co-op store in Swines Green, Beccles at around 1.55am.
Offenders smashed the bottom glass panel of the door to the shop and stole a number of items, primarily cigarettes.
The group then made off from the scene in a dark coloured car.
The second break-in took place at the East of England Co-op store in The Street in Walberswick at around 2.40am on Monday morning.
You may also want to watch:
An alarm was sounded at the premises and cigarettes and alcohol were stolen with the tills forced open. The suspects fled the scene in an unknown vehicle.
A vehicle was later found in Carlton Coleville containing cigarettes.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 7 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 8 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
Enquiries into the thefts are ongoing and anyone with any information should contact Lowestoft CID quoting 37/13934/21 for the Beccles break-in and 37/13933/21 for the Walberswick incident.
Alternatively you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form.