Man arrested for GBH and assault on emergency worker
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A 19-year-old man was left with head and face injuries after an assault in Clacton.
The victim had been with friends in the town centre, near to Pier Avenue, on the evening of Friday May 21.
At around 10.55pm he was approached by another man who reportedly punched him, causing him to fall to the ground. He banged his head, and needed to be taken to hospital for treatment to his head and face.
The attacker was described as in his 20s, 5ft 10ins tall and of a medium build. He had short dark-coloured hair and was wearing a grey tracksuit and green jacket.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent and assaulting an emergency worker.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on bail until June 18.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw anything or has any CCTV or dash cam footage to come forward quoting crime reference number 42/95906/21.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
Essex Police can be contacted on 101 or, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.