Man bailed after fatal crash between lorry and car on A14
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
A man has been bailed following a fatal crash on the A14 near Coddenham.
In the early hours of yesterday morning, a male car passenger died in a collision with a lorry.
Another passenger suffered minor injuries, while the driver of the lorry was unharmed.
The driver of the car, a 25-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving on Friday but has since been bailed until April 26.
Officers from Suffolk police and Highways England closed the road between junctions 51 and 50 then reopened it at 5pm, over 12 hours since the crash at around 4.50am.
John Whitehead, councillor for Coddenham at Mid Suffolk District Council said afterwards: "It looks like a tragic situation."
Suffolk's police and crime commissioner Tim Passmore said he was also "very sad to hear of the fatality".
"It reminds all road users to be careful," he added. "Thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved."
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
This is the second tragedy on Suffolk's roads in less than a week.
Motorcyclist Daniella Milburn, 33, from Hadleigh, died in a crash with three other vehicles on the A1071 at Hintlesham on Monday, March 29.
Witnesses to the A14 crash are asked to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 40 of April 2.