Police investigating reports of attempted rape in Colchester
- Credit: Google Maps
An investigation has been launched after reports of an attempted rape in Colchester.
The alleged incident is reported to have taken place in the Campion Road area at about 10pm on February 10.
However, the incident was only first reported to police yesterday, Essex Police said.
A spokesman for Essex Police said the victim is currently being supported by specialist officers.
The added: "Incidents like this are rare and specialist detectives are investigating.
"We need anyone who saw anything or has any CCTV, dash cam, or doorbell footage to contact us."
Anyone with any information should contact Essex Police by either submitting a report via the online link or by calling 101 and quoting the crime reference number 42/57857/22.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 5 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 6 Police release picture of man after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 9 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 10 River turns white after limestone powder spillage
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Join our Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.