Arson probe launched after fire destroys car and caravan in Colchester
- Credit: Essex Force Control Room
An investigation has been launched after a car and caravan containing gas cylinders were destroyed in a fire in Colchester during the early hours of this morning.
Emergency services were called to reports of a fire at a property in Gilderdale Close, shortly before 1.55am today (Wednesday, December 1).
The blaze destroyed the two vehicles and spread to a nearby house as well.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: "Both the car and the caravan — which contained gas cylinders — were 100% alight.
"Crews worked to prevent the fire spreading to the house."
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We arrived and found the fire had destroyed two vehicles.
"Thankfully no injuries were reported."
The spokesman added that an investigation has been launched into the cause of the fire.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
Anyone who was in the area at the time — has any dashcam footage or doorbell footage — is being asked to contact Essex Police on 101 quoting the incident number 57-01/12/2021.