Men released on bail after assault which left man fighting for his life
- Credit: IAN BURT
Two men have been released on bail following an assault in central Colchester which left a man fighting for his life.
The pair had been arrested following the assault in the early hours of Saturday morning, which has left a man in hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The victim, a 46-year-old, was found injured in St Botolph's Street shortly after 4.20am.
Police closed the road for a number of hours on Saturday to carry out forensic work.
It is not believed any weapons were involved in the fight.
The pair, a 20-year-old from West Bergholt and a 19-year-old from Colchester, were both arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Both have been released on conditional bail until September 22, while police carry out further enquiries.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
Anyone with information that could assist officers in their investigation should contact Essex Police, quoting incident number 232 of August 28.