Rapist jailed for 'horrendous' attack on teenager
- Credit: Essex Police
A man who raped a teenage girl at a block of flats in Clacton has been jailed.
Daniel Stott attacked the girl in the Boxted Avenue area of the seaside town in November 2019.
The 27-year-old was arrested the following day and charged.
Stott, of Coke Street, Harwich, pleaded guilty to two counts of rape, one count of sexual assault by penetration and one count of possession of cannabis when he appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, March 5.
He was jailed for five years in total and placed on the sex offenders' register for life.
Detective Constable Reuben Brame, of Essex Police, said: "These were horrendous offences and have had a lasting impact on the young woman he attacked.
"I am pleased Stott has pleaded guilty to save her the further trauma of having to give evidence in court.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 8 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 9 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 10 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
"She has shown great bravery in coming forward and speaking about what happened on that terrible day."