Rapist jailed for 'horrendous' attack on teenager
- Credit: Essex Police
A man who raped a teenage girl at a block of flats in Clacton has been jailed.
Daniel Stott attacked the girl in the Boxted Avenue area of the seaside town in November 2019.
The 27-year-old was arrested the following day and charged.
Stott, of Coke Street, Harwich, pleaded guilty to two counts of rape, one count of sexual assault by penetration and one count of possession of cannabis when he appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, March 5.
He was jailed for five years in total and placed on the sex offenders' register for life.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Reuben Brame, of Essex Police, said: "These were horrendous offences and have had a lasting impact on the young woman he attacked.
"I am pleased Stott has pleaded guilty to save her the further trauma of having to give evidence in court.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 6 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 7 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 8 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 10 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
"She has shown great bravery in coming forward and speaking about what happened on that terrible day."