Bail date extended for man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
The bail date for a man arrested on suspicion of murdering a Newmarket mum has been extended - as another man arrested is released under investigation.
The 57-year-old and 50-year-old, from Newmarket, were arrested on suspicion of murdering Donna Price, 43, after officers were called just after 10.10pm on Saturday, August 7 to New Cheveley Road.
An ambulance attended the scene but Ms Price was pronounced dead a short time later.
Early enquiries led detectives to believe this was an isolated incident, with no wider threat to the community.
A post-mortem examination into Ms Price's death found she had "fallen from a height" before she died.
Shortly after the incident, police arrested two men on suspicion of murder.
The bail date for the 57-year-old arrested has been extended to Friday, November 5.
The 50-year-old arrested has been released under investigation.
Ms Price's son, Sirus Price, has paid tribute to his mother - saying she was "the best mum you could ever ask for".
Other members of the community also spoke about the sadness of the incident.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt