Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- Credit: Google Maps
An 18-year-old man has been seriously injured following a stabbing in Ipswich.
Police were called to the scene of the stabbing, in Downside Close, shortly before 4.50pm on Monday (January 25).
The victim was taken to hospital by car, where he is receiving treatment for serious injuries.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed a 17-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the attack.
He has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Police are now appealing for witnesses, or those with information regarding the attack, to come forward.
Those who can help police in their enquiries are asked to call South CID at Landmark House on 101, quoting CAD 263 of January 25.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Coleman on Cook: 'If that's indication of his fortune as Ipswich manager, they can book a place in the Championship'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 win at Accrington Stanley
- 3 Popular Woodbridge restaurant set to close
- 4 'I have no doubt Ipswich will be successful' - Richardson doesn't rule out joining Cook at Town
- 5 'Please don't believe everything you read in the media' - Ipswich Town owner Evans addresses takeover reports
- 6 Ipswich case rate rises, other Suffolk districts among lowest in England
- 7 Marcus Evans on Paul Cook: 'He has shown a great desire to become our next manager'
- 8 Man taken to hospital with serious leg injuries following collision
- 9 Anger over loss of habitats after pond drained and trees felled
- 10 'Hard work starts now' as East Anglian Freeport gets green light