Police arrest driver after single car crash
- Credit: Mildenhall Police
A driver has been arrested following a single-vehicle crash near Bury St Edmunds.
Police came across the crash scene last night [Friday, January 21] in Risby.
Those inside the car were "thankfully" safe and well said Mildenhall Police as officers found the driver nearby.
The driver was given a roadside breath test which revealed he was nearly double the legal drink-drive limit.
The legal limit is 35mcgs but the driver blew 63mcgs.
On Twitter, Mildenhall Police wrote: “Whilst assisting Bury St Eds Police, officers came across this single vehicle RTC in Risby.
“The driver was arrested nearby after blowing 63ugs. Other occupants of the car thankfully are safe and well.”
On Thursday evening, a new driver crashed his mum's car, a week after passing in Risby.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
A spokesman from Bury St Edmunds Police said that the young man was 'very lucky' to walk away with only small cuts.
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.