Pair arrested after man seriously assaulted at traffic lights
Two men have been arrested following a disturbance in Colchester.
The pair were arrested in connection with a man being seriously assaulted at traffic lights on Wednesday morning and a number of people being threatened in the street.
An Essex Police spokesman said: "It was reported that two men were involved in an altercation on East Hill, near the Brook Street traffic lights, at around 11.05am.
"The victim, a man in his 30s, remains in hospital with serious injuries.
"A short time later, two men reportedly threatened a number of people on St Botolph's Street, including in a kebab shop and in the Subway store.
"Officers attended and arrested 29-year-old local man on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and a second local man, who is 53 years old, has been arrested on suspicion of affray, possession of an offensive weapon and assisting an offender.
"Both remain in custody."
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Anyone with dash cam footage or information about the incidents is asked to call 101 and quote 42/38306/21.