Essex couple charged after guns and ammunition found in ottoman
- Credit: NCA
A Colchester couple charged with firearms offences after two guns and rounds of ammunition were found stored at a house will appear in court in April.
Officers from the Organised Crime Partnership (OCP), a joint NCA and Metropolitan Police unit, carried out a search of a property in Broom Way, Colchester, on Thursday, February 25, where they seized two handguns, one of which was fully loaded.
Officers found both firearms in a wooden box, which was stored in an ottoman at the end of a bed, along with up to fifty bullets.
Lance Ames, 64, and Kim Ames, 61, both of Broom Way, Colchester, have both been charged with possessing firearms, ammunition and obstructing police.
The couple had been due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday but the plea and trial preparation hearing was adjourned until April 28.
Judge Emma Peters also made a provisional trial date, with the case placed on a two-week warned list for September 6.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn