Car recovered by police 11 minutes after being reported stolen
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A stolen car in Colchester has been recovered in record time thanks to quick-thinking police officers.
The Range Rover Sport was stolen from Queen Elizabeth Way, Colchester at around 2am on Friday, May 21.
It was found by Essex Police 11 minutes later.
Responding quickly, officers from the Stanway Roads Policing Unit stopped the vehicle in Windsor Close and the driver was arrested.
A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The car was returned to the owner and digital equipment was also seized.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 3 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive