Man denies drugs charge and will face trial in 2022
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A 19-year-old Essex man has denied supplying Class B drugs and will face a trial next year.
Owen Hooper, of Garden Field Cottages, Little Horkesley, near Colchester, appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on Thursday for a plea and trial preparation hearing.
Hooper pleaded not guilty to a single charge of possessing Class B drugs (cannabis) with intent to supply on February 11, 2020.
A further case management hearing will take place on July 16.
Hooper's trial has been placed in a two-week warned list for May 16, 2022.
Judge Rupert Overbury apologised to Hooper for the length of time before his trial and said that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the most complex and serious cases have to take priority.
The judge added: "It means cases like this are being put off for a long time, so you will have to wait a bit."
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 9 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong