Vandals set light to seafront toilets
- Credit: Vivien Algar
Fire crews were called out overnight after vandals set portable toilets on fire on Felixstowe seafront.
The lavatories are situated at the edge of a car park alongside the prom in Sea Road - opposite the Beach Station Road junction - while work is done to fix the permanent toilets nearby.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue crew from Felixstowe was called to the scene shortly after 11pm on Monday, June 21 following reports that a portable toilet had been set on fire.
Two toilets were damaged in the incident.
Suffolk police were called by the fire service at about 11.30pm.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Police were made aware but were not required to attend."
It's not the first time in recent months that emergency services have been called to a fire on Felixstowe Seafront.
A historic shelter in Sea Road was badly damaged last October following a late night fire in which more than £10,000 damage was caused to the Victorian building just months after it had been refurbished. Work is currently underway to renovate it again.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
Any witnesses or anyone with information about the fire at the toilets should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting incident CAD 464 on June 21 2021.