Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
- Credit: Mildenhall Police
Suspected drink driving, criminal damage and an assault led to five people being arrested on Saturday night.
Mildenhall Police reported multiple offences last night [January 22] and into the early hours of Sunday morning.
Among those arrested was a man who had crashed into a bush in Valley Way in Newmarket.
The driver had no insurance or licence and he was found to be over the drink drive limit, say police.
In a tweet, Mildenhall Police wrote: "The driver of this vehicle had been arrested for drink driving, aggravated TWOC, no insurance and no licence in Valley Way, Newmarket. Luckily no one was hurt."
Following this, Mildenhall officers made a further four arrests.
The offences included criminal damage, drunk and disorderly behaviour, assault and another drink driver.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
Mildenhall Police tweeted: "On top of this, NRT5 and NRT3 have made a further 4 arrests over night.
"They will be spending some of there Sunday in one of our finest custody cells."
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.