Four people appear before court charged with blackmail plot
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been accused of being part of a blackmail plot in Suffolk.
The two men and two women are charged with conspiracy to blackmail in 2018.
David Grintuch and Charleye Keenan were both arraigned at Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday and entered not guilty pleas.
Grintuch, 36, of Ealing Road, Brentford, is charged with making an unwarranted demand of £4,000 at Newmarket between July 1 and September 20, 2018.
Keenan, 26, of Jesmond Road, Grays is also accused of conspiring to blackmail and with acquiring, using or possessing criminally obtained cash.
At the request of their legal representatives, Aaron Keenan, 24, of no fixed address, and Tallia De-Silva, 36, of Astrop Terrace, London, have yet to be arraigned but will appear before the court again on March 23.
Recorder Jeremy Benson QC set a date for an estimated five-day trial to begin in the two-week period beginning March 14 next year.
- 1 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 2 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 3 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 4 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 5 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 6 Ex-Town star named as U's boss
- 7 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 8 Plan for 28 homes in village gets go-ahead
- 9 Town boss Lambert a long shot for Celtic job after Lennon quits
- 10 University of Suffolk ranks as worst in UK for dropout rates