Sports club left 'frustrated' after ticket booth set ablaze
- Credit: Dean Warner
A fire which scorched a ticket booth at a Framlingham sports club was started deliberately, police have said.
Police and fire crews were called to the Framlingham Sports and Football Club ground, in Badingham Road, shortly after 6.30pm on Wednesday.
Emergency services arrived to discover a wooden ticket booth had been set alight, while a nearby fence also suffered damage.
A fire crew from Framlingham station extinguished the blaze and a stop was called on the incident at 6.51pm.
Suffolk police officers believe the fire was started deliberately and the incident is being treated as arson.
You may also want to watch:
Dean Warner, chairman of Framlingham Town FC, said several youngsters were training at the ground as the booth was set alight.
He said: "It's very frustrating and very disappointing.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
"To have this sort of thing happen seems ridiculous. With all that's gone on this year, we really don't need this as well."
Anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity around the time of the incident, or who may have dashcam or CCTV footage from before, during or after the incident, is asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting reference number 37/72807/20.