Man injured after being robbed by teenagers in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A man sustained minor injuries after being threatened at knifepoint and assaulted by a gang of three teenagers in Essex.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to the robbery in Braintree, which happened around 5.15pm on Thursday, May 20.
Essex Police said three teenagers approached a man, aged in his 20s, along Flitch Way and threatened him with what is believed to be two knives.
The trio demanded the victim hand over his phone and cash but when the man refused, the teenagers assaulted him before fleeing the scene with £10 in cash from his pocket.
The teenagers are believed to be aged between 15 and 16, two are described as being white and the third is described as being black.
One of the teenagers was wearing a blue face mask and the other two were wearing dark face coverings pulled up from around their necks.
They were all wearing dark clothing and gloves.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
Anyone who witnessed the incident or may have dash cam, CCTV, or doorbell footage from the time is asked to contact Essex Police.
Anyone with any information can submit a report online here or use the 'Live Chat' button to speak to an online operator between 7am-11pm.
People can also call Braintree CID on 101, quoting the crime reference number 42/95142/21 or contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.