Man, 23, arrested after alleged village assault
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been arrested following an alleged assault in a north Essex village.
Officers from Essex Police were called to an address in Great Horkesley, near Colchester, around 5.50pm Wednesday, December 9.
Police had received reports of a disturbance inside.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing multiple police cars in The Causeway, alongside a dog unit. They remained on scene for several hours.
A spokesman for the force confirmed the 23-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assault and causing criminal damage.
He remains in police custody.
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 4 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 8 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved