Man, 23, arrested after alleged village assault
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been arrested following an alleged assault in a north Essex village.
Officers from Essex Police were called to an address in Great Horkesley, near Colchester, around 5.50pm Wednesday, December 9.
Police had received reports of a disturbance inside.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing multiple police cars in The Causeway, alongside a dog unit. They remained on scene for several hours.
A spokesman for the force confirmed the 23-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assault and causing criminal damage.
He remains in police custody.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash