Driver arrested after woman in 70s dies in road collision
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal road traffic collision near Harwich.
Emergency services were called to Harwich Road, in Great Oakley, just before 3.15pm on Saturday following reports of a collision involving a car and a woman in her 70s.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "Officers and ambulance attended but, sadly, the woman was pronounced dead at the scene."
A 20-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, as well as traffic-related matters.
Police said the road would be closed while investigations continued.
The force is appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the collision, or anyone with dashcam footage or CCTV.
Contact Essex Police on 101, quoting incident 812 of April 24.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 5 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town