20-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of murder after fatal stabbing
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A second person has been arrested in connection with a murder investigation after a man was stabbed in the Greenstead area of Colchester.
A man in his 20s was fatally stabbed in Affleck Road shortly after 12.15am yesterday, December 11 prompting a huge police investigation.
A local 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder yesterday and now Essex Police have confirmed that another person has been arrested.
Officers say a 20-year-old woman from Colchester was arrested on suspicion of murder at around 11.30pm on Friday, December 11.
They both remain in custody.
The police moved to reassure residents yesterday, following the incident.
District commander, chief inspector Jon Evans, thanked the Greenstead community for their support in the wake of the shocking attack.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Ch Insp Evans said: “I’d like to reassure the local community that we are treating this as a targeted, isolated incident.
“Since our appeal this morning, we’ve had locals send us CCTV and doorbell footage, as well as talking us through anything they may have seen or heard late last night or early this morning.
“Greenstead is a tight-knit community. We know that the answers to this crime will lie somewhere within it – whether that’s in CCTV or dashcam footage, something you’ve heard, or something you’ve witnessed."