Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after fatal stabbing bailed
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A 20-year-old woman who was arrested in connection with the alleged murder of a man in the Greenstead estate in Colchester has been bailed.
A man in his 20s was fatally stabbed in Affleck Road shortly after 12.15am on December 11 prompting a huge police investigation.
The 20-year-old woman from Colchester was arrested on suspicion of murder at around 11.30pm on Friday, December 11.
She has since been bailed while enquiries continue.
A 25-year-old man, also arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder, remains in custody for questioning.
Essex Police are also renewing their appeal for anyone in the area who may have heard a disturbance late in the evening on Thursday, December 10 or into the early hours of Friday, December 1, or seen any suspicious activity which could be linked to this incident, to get in touch.
Anyone with information about the incident can contact Essex Police's Major Crime Team on 101 quoting incident number 10 of December 11.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive