Woman followed by balaclava-clad man on bike in Haverhill
- Credit: Google Maps
A female dog walker was followed by a balaclava-clad man on a bike in Haverhill, police say.
The incident took place at about 5.30pm in the Chimswell Way and Betony Walk area of the town on Wednesday, February 2.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the cyclist followed the woman along Chimswell Way as she walked towards the estate with her small dog.
The he stopped before riding back towards her and coming very close when she crossed the road
"After continuing to follow her, he sped off when she met her son," the spokesman said.
The cyclist has been described as white, believed to be in his early 20s, about 5ft 8ins, and of a slim build.
He was wearing a navy or black plain hoodie with the hood up, a black balaclava covering his face, navy or black jogging bottoms and white trainers.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 8 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
He was riding a navy blue mountain bike with unknown white writing on the frame.
Anyone with any information or who say the incident is being asked to contact Suffolk police quoting the crime reference number 37/6888/22.
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.