Three held following suspicious activity outside prison
Three people have been arrested in connection with an incident on the perimeter of HMP Highpoint prison, near Stradishall.
At about 4pm on Tuesday, December 22, police received a report of suspicious activity.
A 46-year-old woman and 32-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of possession of a prohibited article and possession with intent to supply class A drugs.
A 27 year old male was arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs.
All three are from the Bury St Edmunds area.
They were taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning and later released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Two doctored tennis balls were recovered from the location, police said.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 9 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL