Man arrested after absconding from prison over three weeks ago
- Credit: Suffolk police
A 46-year-old man who absconded from prison has been located and arrested by police.
Robbie, otherwise known as Paul, Burton was reported missing from Hollesley Bay Prison, near Woodbridge, on December 10 after failing to return while out on temporary license.
Burton was serving a five-year sentence for burglary and fraud offences.
During the search for Burton Suffolk police warned members of the public to not approach him or take any further action other than dialling 101.
He was arrested in Southend-on-Sea on Christmas Eve and has now been returned to the prison system.
A spokesman for Suffolk police thanked the public for their help with their appeal.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for keeper Walton
- 5 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 6 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 7 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town
- 8 Town closing in on full-time deal for keeper Walton
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 10 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries