Huge cannabis plant with tree-like trunk found by police
- Credit: Suffolk police
Police officers were taken by surprise when carrying out a warrant in Haughley earlier this week, after finding a huge cannabis plant with a trunk-like root 5cm thick.
Officers from Stowmarket executed a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act at an address in Haughley yesterday, Tuesday, December 15.
Cannabis was discovered outside and a large amount of cannabis was found throughout the house, along with a quantity of deal bags, cash and scales.
Pictures of one of the plants show a thick trunk-like root next to ruler which shows it measures around 5cm in diameter.
The officers tweeted: "Knock knock! Warrant today in Haughley and found a large amount of cannabis, cash and deal bags. (Here is just some of what was seized) They also found this tree, with the size of the trunk they expected tinsel and lights on this one. #getarealxmastree"
No arrests have been made at this stage.
Enquiries are ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact Stowmarket Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101, quoting reference: 72493/20.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?