'Large knife' used in attempted robbery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A man reportedly pulled out a "large knife" during an attempted robbery in Colchester.
The incident happened around 1.10am Saturday, June 19 in Hythe Hill, when a man in his 20s was approached by the knifeman.
It is alleged the man tried to steal his phone and pulled out what has been described as a "large knife".
The suspect has been described as black, around 5ft 9in tall, with shoulder-length dreadlocked hair.
He was said to have been wearing a black top and jeans at the time.
Essex Police has called for anyone with information regarding the incident to come forward.
Those with information should call police on 101, quoting crime reference 42/117239/21.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
Information can also be given anonymously to charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.