Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- Credit: Chester Ward
A motorist has been arrested following late-night crash involving an Audi in Ipswich, which left another person injured.
Officers from Suffolk police were called to the incident in Norwich Road, close to the junction with Bramford Road, at midnight last night.
Pictures from the scene show the Audi smashed into a pole, wrecking the front of the car, with video shot by witnesses showing smoke billowing from the engine.
Norwich Road was cordoned off for several hours while officers cleared the street of glass and other debris.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed one person had been arrested following the incident, while ambulance crews treated another for minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A witness, who lives in a flat overlooking the junction where the crash happened, said he heard a "big boom" shortly after midnight.
The man, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "Last night I woke up and my window was fully open. After midnight, I heard this sound.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
"It was a big boom. I could feel everything shaking. I am amazed the driver survived.
"The front of the car was completely smashed. Police were there all night cleaning up glass. After the road was cleared, cars were coming and going by 7am.
"I was worried. I was recording a video with a shaking hand. It was very stressful."