Police seize counterfeit perfume from Ipswich street trader
- Credit: Ipswich Police
Counterfeit perfume was seized from an opportunistic street trader in Ipswich prompting police to warn shoppers about fake goods.
Officers from Ipswich police spotted the trader selling the counterfeit fragrances – which included fakes of brands such as Ralph Lauren – from a bag in the town centre during a routine patrol.
In a tweet, Ipswich Police said: "Please contact police if you see anyone offering or selling goods from a bag while walking the street that you suspect are not linked to a legitimate business."
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman was unable to provide any further details on the seizure.
This is not the first time opportunistic traders have tried to flog fake fragrances on the high street, with police stopping similar traders selling from carrier bags in 2019.
Anyone suspicious of goods should report the matter to Suffolk police on 101 or the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.
- 1 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 2 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 3 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 4 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 5 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 6 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 7 Murder probe launched after woman found dead at Ipswich flat
- 8 Covid patient admissions drop at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals
- 9 'I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the fans' - Lambert on Celtic vacancy
- 10 Infection rates show slight rise in some districts