Fourth person charged with murder after death of woman in village
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Police have charged a fourth person in connection with the murder of a 40-year-old woman in Jaywick.
Michelle Cooper, from Clacton, suffered head injuries following an alleged assault in Beach Road on Friday, April 23.
She was taken to hospital but she died two days later.
Essex Police confirmed a 23-year-old man was arrested in Kirby Cross on Wednesday evening in connection with the murder probe.
Charlie Whittaker, of Kirby Cross, has now been charged with murder and two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
He is due to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
Three other people had previously been charged in connection with Ms Cooper's death.
Bobby Nethercott, 31, of Jaywick, and Jordan Stanley, 20,, of London have both been charged with murder and two counts of ABH.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
Demi Cole, 20, of Jaywick, has been charged with murder, criminal damage and ABH.