Arrest in seaside village murder probe
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police have arrested another man as a murder probe into the the death of a woman from a head injury in Jaywick continues.
Michelle Cooper, from Clacton, was taken to hospital after an alleged assault in Beach Road on Friday, April 23.
The 40-year-old was treated for her injuries but died two days later.
Essex Police confirmed a 23-year-old man from Kirby Cross was arrested in Kent on Wednesday evening on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody.
Three people have already been charged with murder.
Bobby Nethercott, 31, has also been charged with two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and is due to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday.
Jordan Stanley and Demi Cole, both 20, will appear before the court next month.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 10 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
In addition to murder, Stanley has also been charged with two counts of ABH and Cole with criminal damage and ABH.