Four-figure cash sum seized by police in drug-dealing investigation
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
A man from south London has been charged with drug offences following an investigation into drug-dealing in Colchester.
Jeremy Akrofi-Daniels, 24, was charged after a police raid at an address in the Crystal Palace area of London in the early hours of June 10.
They also seized items including a four-figure sum of cash and arrested a man.
The warrant was carried out by Essex Police's Operation Raptor — a specialist team tackling gangs and organised crime in the county — assisted by the Metropolitan Police.
Akrofi-Daniels, of Victoria Crescent, London SE19 was later charged with being concerned in the supply of heroin, being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine, and acquiring, using, or possessing criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on June 11 and will next appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on July 9.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 8 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 9 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 10 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car