Teenager due to appear in court today over Kesgrave shooting
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is due in court today charged with the attempted murder of a 15-year-old boy in Kesgrave.
The 15-year-old, from the Woodbridge area, is due to appear before Ipswich Crown Court later today, following the shooting in the Grange Farm area of Kesgrave on September 7 last year.
It is the third time the teenager – who cannot be named because of his age – has appeared before the court, with an earlier plea hearing in December adjourned so he could undergo a psychiatric test.
He is charged with attempted murder, possessing a shotgun with intent to cause fear of injury of another person and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
The victim of the incident sustained life-changing injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital for treatment.
He remained in a critical condition for one month, before police announced his condition was considered stable.
- 1 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 2 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 3 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 4 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 5 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 6 Ex-Town star named as U's boss
- 7 Town boss Lambert a long shot for Celtic job after Lennon quits
- 8 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 9 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 10 Town high street reopened after car crashes into building