Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- Credit: Suffolk police
A man who was found with £15,000 worth of cannabis in a car in Lowestoft has been jailed.
Rushit Protoduari, of Adlington Road in Crewe, was stopped by officers in Suffolk police's Kestrel team in Denmark Road on Friday, September 17.
The 27-year-old was arrested after police discovered a bag containing around 2kg of cannabis, which had a street value of £15,000, in the vehicle.
Protoduari was taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre and was charged with possession with intent to supply class B drugs and money laundering.
He was remanded in custody and appeared before Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Monday, where he pleaded guilty to the charges.
Protoduari was handed a 26-week jail sentence by magistrates.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking