Shopworker assaulted after challenging alleged debit card fraudsters
- Credit: Essex Police
Police have issued CCTV images in the hopes of finding alleged debit card fraudsters who assaulted a female shopworker.
The group of men were challenged by an employee at the Maharaj General Store in Maldon Road, Hatfield Peverel, on Friday, February 5.
Three men had entered the store just before 5.35pm and ran up a four-figure sum before attempting to pay for them using multiple debit and credit cards.
Suspicious of their behaviour, the shopworker challenged them and was assaulted before they fled the store.
It is understood the trio left the store in a white car – which police believe could have been a Vauxhall Zafira – and fled in the direction of Maldon.
Essex Police believe the men pictured may be able to help in their investigation.
Those with information are asked to contact Braintree's Local Policing Team on 101, quoting reference 42/21161/21.
Alternatively, information can be given to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or via their website.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 3 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 4 New collision beams 'catching drivers out' at Suffolk's 'most bashed' bridge
- 5 Cook's first press conference: New Town boss on aims, style, takeover rumours and his squad
- 6 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 7 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 8 'I turned down jobs... Ipswich ticks every single box' - Cook on why he took the Ipswich role
- 9 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
- 10 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash