Man taken to hospital with serious injuries following alleged stabbing in Colchester
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
An 18-year-old has been arrested after an alleged stabbing in Colchester which saw a man taken to hospital.
Just before 1.30am, officers on patrol came across a man, aged in his 60s, who had been stabbed outside Bodrum Kebab House in Crouch Street.
The man was taken to hospital with serious injuries but has since been released.
Police carried out a search of the area and quickly arrested an 18-year-old man from Colchester on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
He currently remains in custody.
Detectives are asking anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with dash cam or doorbell footage from the area, to contact them.
Information can be submitted via the Essex Police website or by calling Colchester CID on 101, quoting incident number 114 of May 23.
Information can also be reported anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune