Man arrested as motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after crash
- Credit: Google Maps/Archant
A motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a Mercedes in a busy north Essex road.
Officers from Essex's Roads Policing Unit were called to a two-vehicle collision on the A120 near Braintree at about 6.30pm on Thursday, April 28.
The motorcyclist in his 20s was taken to hospital by air ambulance where he remains.
It is understood that the motorcyclist suffered a fractured pelvis as a result of the crash.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening at this stage.
A 55-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and released under investigation.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We need anyone who has CCTV, dashcam or doorbell footage or was in the area at the time to contact us."
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Award-winning scotch egg producer takes over Melton butchers shop
- 3 West Suffolk Mexican restaurant named among best in the UK
- 4 20 homes in mid Suffolk set for green light despite parish council concerns
- 5 6 gorgeous woodland escapes in Suffolk
- 6 Five Suffolk walks with a fish and chip shop pitstop
- 7 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 8 Parents uproar at Suffolk school's leavers day 'cancellation'
- 9 Suffolk dog-friendly hotel named one of the best in the UK
- 10 'A very mixed bag' - Harper's loan at Crewe analysed
Anyone with any information should contact Essex Police quoting incident number 956 of April 28.